Workshop: Growing Companies through High Performing Boards
Overview of workshop
Privately-held and family companies are not usually "market leaders" when it comes to board processes, particularly as governance is so often considered to be compliance focused,bureaucratic and only for the realm of listed or large public companies. However, when fully understood and effectively implemented, governance becomes a key driver of long-term sustainability and success.
In this full-day workshop, Carl Bates will share the key insights gained in the writing of "Traversing the Avalanche", along with the methodology required to support the effective
implementation of a board process.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1) Understand the importance and process in the selection of non-executive directors
2) Understand the requirements and responsibilities of boards and directors
3) Focus the board agenda, discussion topics and the annual board plan
4) Improve the understanding and mastery of the ?three hats? of shareholder, director and manager
5) Evaluate the board?s effectiveness and the impact of the process around board meetings
6) Gain knowledge of the eight dimensions of governance as encapsulated in the Sirdar Enterprise Governance Compass
For registration and more information Click Here
|Venue:||Le Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel|
|Dates:||9th November 2015|